Composite Video Input?

jbasol

Composite Video Input?

Post by jbasol »

A couple of years ago I remember there was a FLIR camera package available for the HX. I thought I recalled in a discussion with someone at GRT that it was connected via composite video. Perhaps I'm mistaken though, as I can find no indication in the pin outs of a composite video input? Anyone recall how that system connected? I was hoping to connect a DVD source to my secondary display to keep the right seat passenger occupied on long flights. :)

-John
GRT_Jeff

Re: Composite Video Input?

Post by GRT_Jeff »

We use USB video adapters for the video input, but you have to use one that has been verified to work with the drivers in the HX. The ones we were using are no longer available. We found a replacement, but we are still working on the driver. The audio/video sync might be an issue while watching a DVD.
jbasol

Post by jbasol »

Ahhh...that would be the piece of the puzzle I wasn't aware of. Thanks for the quick reply!

Please do let me know when the new driver is ready. Even if it doesn't work out for DVD playback, I would still like the video input capability so I could mount a small camera facing rearward. With a pusher I would welcome the ability to glance at a view of the cowlings once in a while just to ensure there is no smoke/oil/flames/etc streaming off.

Thanks again!

-John Basol
jbasol

Post by jbasol »

Out of curiosity...what was the make/model of the old USB to composite adapter? Perhaps I could find a used one on ebay to play with?

-John
GRT_Jeff

Post by GRT_Jeff »

GrabBee X+deluxe. There were many products with similar names and slightly different features, but it had to be that exact one.
GRT_Jeff

Post by GRT_Jeff »

I just completed testing of the video driver updates on the HX and HXr. We'll get those updates on the web site soon. The adapter that we've tested is the Hauppauge USB-Live2.
jbasol

Post by jbasol »

Thanks Jeff! That's the exact adapter I bought, per Ben's suggestion a couple weeks ago. :)

-John
katieb

Post by katieb »

John-- Jeff's new video driver software was included in the new software updates for HX and HXr posted today and yesterday. Try it out!
Katie Bosman
Pilot/Tech Writer
Jabiru USA Sport Aircraft
http://www.usjabiru.com
GRT Tech Support/Marketing 2012-2014
GRT Pilot Since 2008