Multi Screen Alarm Inhibit

ZuluZephyr

Multi Screen Alarm Inhibit

Post by ZuluZephyr »

I am getting ready for first engine start and have been setting up the EIS and EFIS's (2 HX 1WS). When there is an alarm it displays on all three screens as expected. To acknowledge or inhibit the alarm(s) I need to do the same thing on all three screens to stop all screens from alarming. Is there a setting(s) that allows all three screens to acknowledge with the response of only one screen? In other words, how do I get all three screens to accept the input from only one screen? I have looks high and low for an answer and am now turning to this group.

Thanks,
Rocky Morrison
jclark

Re: Multi Screen Alarm Inhibit

Post by jclark »

Do you have all of the screens connected via Display Link?

May have to use Serial Port Daisy Chaining since I think you have a WS in the loop.

James
ZuluZephyr

Post by ZuluZephyr »

Yes all screens linked. HX by ethernet and WS by serial.
Thanks,
Rocky
GRT_Jeff

Post by GRT_Jeff »

Most alarm acknowledges and inhibits go over the link. All engine limits work like this. Alarms that may be specific to one screen, such as serial alarms, are independent.

If it doesn't appear to be working as described, make sure the link is working properly using the dimmer or heading select, and check that one (and only one) of the screens is set as Primary.