AOA Pitot

MustangUSA

AOA Pitot

Post by MustangUSA »

Greetings Everyone,

I recently purchased the 8.4" Sport EFIS w/AOA from GRT.

I need to please confirm if we are supposed to use the Dynon AOA Pitot System for the AOA?

Thanks,

John Wanamaker
Cuyler Airpark (FD27)
GRT_Jeff

Re: AOA Pitot

Post by GRT_Jeff »

The Garmin AOA probe is the only one we've tested and recommend. Other probes should work if they have the same port configuration: a standard pitot port straight out the front and an AOA port below it, generally offset by 45 degrees.
MustangUSA

Post by MustangUSA »

Thanks,

That is what I was told elsewhere... just wanted to confirm.

John
jclark

Post by jclark »

GRT_Jeff wrote:The Garmin AOA probe is the only one we've tested and recommend. Other probes should work if they have the same port configuration: a standard pitot port straight out the front and an AOA port below it, generally offset by 45 degrees.

Jeff,

I have successfully tested the Dynon probe. I forgot to tell you.

James
MustangUSA

Post by MustangUSA »

Thanks James,

Much appreciated. It's good to have a high level of confidence when installing a piece of equipent like this.

Best Regards,

John
JimB

Post by JimB »

Will a Dynon AOA Pitot work with a Sport HS EFIS running software 8i to give AOA information? If so, where are the calibration instructions?

Thanks

Jim
jclark

Post by jclark »

JimB wrote:Will a Dynon AOA Pitot work with a Sport HS EFIS running software 8i to give AOA information? If so, where are the calibration instructions?

Thanks

Jim
I think that you need an EFIS that supports the "Adaptive AHRS" + the AoA Module *or* a MINI with the AoA Module if you want MEASURED AoA (AoA probe needed) vs CALCULATED AoA (no special probe).

Soooo ..... I think that you are out of luck with a Sport HS.

James
Bobturner

Post by Bobturner »

Just an aside for those with older systems: I have a Dynon D6 with Dynon pitot for measured AOA, and an HX with the original AHRS for calculated AOA. The two systems agree quite well.