Graphical display of engine limits

dutchroll

Graphical display of engine limits

Post by dutchroll »

Ability to display other range markings (eg amber caution ranges) on the HXr?

I note this is unavailable for strip gauges (presumably an old limitation of the EIS?) but for some parameters on various engines the operational ramifications of caution range vs redline are significantly different.
Bobturner

Re: Graphical display of engine limits

Post by Bobturner »

Not exactly what you asked, but...
The EFIS limits and EIS limits can be configured independently. E.g., My EFIS alarms if CHTs exceed 415. My EIS alarms (big red light comes on) if CHT exceeds 425. Sort of like a yellow arc.
dutchroll

Post by dutchroll »

I assume that means multiple limits can't be set in to a GRT EFIS, as in for example, an upper red line and a lower red line, together with a green range and a yellow range at one or both ends (an example of relevance for this would be oil temp, oil pressure, fuel pressure etc which have upper and lower limits of various priorities).
GRT_Jeff

Post by GRT_Jeff »

Most inputs have high and low red/alarm limits. The dials can have one red band, one yellow band, and one green band. The bar graphs don't have any yellow/caution limits yet.
dutchroll

Post by dutchroll »

GRT_Jeff wrote:Most inputs have high and low red/alarm limits. The dials can have one red band, one yellow band, and one green band. The bar graphs don't have any yellow/caution limits yet.
On the "to do" list?

I know that list is pretty long, but I'm just curious! And also for the upgraded EIS with the extra thermocouple inputs for big engines you mentioned to me at Sun N Fun last year? ;)