uAvionix EchoUAT/SkyFyx (generic) interface to GRT HX?

rv7charlie

uAvionix EchoUAT/SkyFyx (generic) interface to GRT HX?

Post by rv7charlie »

Well, during a brain lock session, I ordered (and received, unboxed, and mounted) a generic uAvionix EchoUAT with their SkyFyx GPS, instead of the GRT-specific package with the SafeFly2020/serial expander. Unfortunately, I find no docs anywhere that tell me whether my GRT HX can have any control over the Echo (specifically, setting anonymous mode), nor how to wire it/configure it.

So far, I'm at gnd & pwer on pins 1 & 2 of the Echo, and traffic out of the Echo via com2 out (pin 5) to a high speed port of choice on the HX. (Plain Vanilla for feeding traffic to an EFIS)

Can the HX communicate/control the Echo via either com1, or the available com2 in on the Echo?

Config settings in the HX for one or both ports?

I've been trying uAvionix, but they seem to be quite busy at the moment.

Thanks,

Charlie
GRT_Jeff

Re: uAvionix EchoUAT/SkyFyx (generic) interface to GRT HX?

Post by GRT_Jeff »

The only official way to change anonymous mode is through the echo app so there's no disadvantage for that.

Your ADS-B In wiring sounds correct. Configure the EFIS input for 115200 and ADS-B.

The EFIS can't send anything directly to the echoUAT except altitude. The echo still needs to get squawk by listening to the transponder replies so there's not a big advantage to wiring that up.

The main control the HX has is the Flight ID, but you would need a Safe-Fly for that. The HX doesn't have a built-in TMAP interface. You'll have to change that in the app if you ever need to.
rv7charlie

Re: uAvionix EchoUAT/SkyFyx (generic) interface to GRT HX?

Post by rv7charlie »

Who'da thunk I'd be frustrated by simplicity. ;-)

Many thanks; I'll get it up and running tomorrow.