Lynx MSS support

scrockard

Lynx MSS support

Post by scrockard »

Any Lynx model support for Sport SX in the future?

(I noticed that your ADSB page hasn't been updated in a while...)

Thanks,
Scott

http://www.grtavionics.com/adsb.html
GRT_Jeff

Re: Lynx MSS support

Post by GRT_Jeff »

We're waiting on the interface details. If it uses a completely standard ADS-B serial interface, then it already works as an input.
rvdriver

Post by rvdriver »

I've added the Lynx NGT-9000 and have an Hx. What kind of settings on the Hx, and what sort of configuration do I need to confirm my radio shop sets as output? I've believe I've wired to input data on serial 8. I've set serial 8 input to ads-b and tried all the baud rates. I keep getting a message no data on serial 8.
GRT_Jeff

Post by GRT_Jeff »

We never received complete documentation on the Lynx.

Common baud rates for ADS-B are 38400, 57600, 115200, and 230400. I haven't heard what the Lynx uses.

Check the Serial Port 8 Mode. The Lynx can be wired to an HX display using RS422. If you used RS422, make sure Serial Port 8 Mode is set to RS422. If you are using an RS232 output or converter, set this mode to RS232. RS422 uses two wires to send data, so it's possible to get the A/B pins mismatched, which would prevent communication.

If the serial port mode, baud rate, and wiring are correct, the Serial Port 8 Input Counter should run.

If the Lynx has output options, the ADS-B input on the HX needs the standard GDL90 format for traffic and weather.

There's no serial output going back to the Lynx.