sport ws and adsb in

stump

sport ws and adsb in

Post by stump »

Howdy,

I have a basic sport ws, bought the plane with it installed already. if i add say a skyradar d2, how would i connect them to display the adsb info on the sport? is there somewhere i can look in my sport setup to see if it is compatible?

thanks
steve
katieb

Re: sport ws and adsb in

Post by katieb »

Hi Steve,

I'll check with our programmer when he gets here tonight to make sure it will work with a WS system.

In the meantime, if your system has the current software installed, look under General Setup in the Set Menu pages. Scroll down til just below the Serial Port setup information. If you see "USB ADS-B," it should work fine. You would turn this ON when the SkyRadar is plugged into the USB port. That's it! You may also connect a USB hub so you can have the SkyRadar attached to one port and your Thumb Drive on the other.
Katie Bosman
Pilot/Tech Writer
Jabiru USA Sport Aircraft
http://www.usjabiru.com
GRT Tech Support/Marketing 2012-2014
GRT Pilot Since 2008
GRT_Jeff

Post by GRT_Jeff »

It is not compatible. The SkyRadar units use USB to communicate with the display units. The USB connection does not work with the WS or HS models.
jclark

Post by jclark »

Don't know if you can swing it but I think that it is REALLY worth it to do the upgrade to the SX.

Resolution
Speed
Functionality

I have XM weather on an x96 and have had it for years.
I did the original "beta" testing of SkyRadar on GRT + Powered Hub on my Sport SX.
I was totally surprised at how much I liked the weather there as opposed to on the x96.
XM is not bad and it can loop, but having the weather and traffic right there on the screen(s) you are looking at is great.

James
katieb

Post by katieb »

For a WS or HS, you'd need to have an ADS-B receiver that uses an RS-232 serial link. The FreeFlight XPLORER and NavWorx units will both do it.
Katie Bosman
Pilot/Tech Writer
Jabiru USA Sport Aircraft
http://www.usjabiru.com
GRT Tech Support/Marketing 2012-2014
GRT Pilot Since 2008
stump

Post by stump »

Thanks for the info!
shumaker

Post by shumaker »

Simple question - I have a Horizon WS with an ARINC module. Do you need the
XM weather processor module in order to display ADS-B weather from a serial-in ADS-B device?
grant
Bobturner

Post by Bobturner »

No you don't. See the web site documents, equipment supplements page for more info.
jclark

Post by jclark »

katieb wrote:For a WS or HS, you'd need to have an ADS-B receiver that uses an RS-232 serial link. The FreeFlight XPLORER and NavWorx units will both do it.
Serial also available from:

ILevil SW and AW
Flight Data Systems

James