Screen Dimming

jkreidler

Screen Dimming

Post by jkreidler »

We do not use an external dimmer to set the screen brightness. Even set to 1 the screen is too bright on a dark night, is there a way to get the careen dimmer? Thanks - Jason
GRT_Jeff

Re: Screen Dimming

Post by GRT_Jeff »

If you have a WS model, there is no adjustment. If the WS brightness isn't changing when you change the level, the backlight may be malfunctioning.

If you have a 6.5" HS or HX, you can try going to the SET MENU, Display Unit Maintenance, PIC Calibration page and adjusting the Dimmer Minimum Override. There is a limit to how dark it can get that varies with each model and the environment. There may be some room for adjustment in your installation. Allow the screen to warm up first.

If you have an 8.4" or larger screen, the dimmer minimum should already be set at the lowest reliable point. Values 0 and 1 should not be used.
dzk2000

Post by dzk2000 »

I have tweaked this setting before and it worked great, until I disconnected the battery for a day of maintenance. It seems this option is not stored in permanent memory and must be retweaked if you ever remove the efis from power. I love to fly at night, and there is nothing better in an RV8 on a clear starry night than to dim all intruments and enjoy the sky through the bubble canopy.
GRT_Jeff

Post by GRT_Jeff »

The Dimmer Minimum Override is stored with the other settings in the SET MENU. It should remain set until the settings are wiped or restored.
Alon

Post by Alon »

informative disscussion going on..:)