GRT Remote app for Android now available!

katieb

GRT Remote app for Android now available!

Post by katieb »

The GRT Remote flight planning app for HX and HXr is now available for beta testing. Visit the GRT website using the phone or tablet that you want to use, and download the app directly from the GRT Remote App web page. It will eventually be released with the Google Play app store. This first version of the app is only a flight planning device. Use it to create and edit flight plans in your Android device and then transfer them to the EFIS system. More features are soon to follow.

To use it with your EFIS system, you will need a few things:
1. A Bluetooth USB dongle (verified models are listed on the Software pages for HX and HXr)
2. The Bluetooth-enabled beta software for HX/HXr
3. The GRT Remote App

You can get the software and information for the Bluetooth on the Software web pages for HX and HXr. The App page is linked on the Home page and can be found under the Products menu. http://grtavionics.com/grtremote.html

Please forward any comments to this thread or to Greg Toman (gregt@grtavionics.com).
Have a great weekend!
Katie Bosman
Pilot/Tech Writer
Jabiru USA Sport Aircraft
http://www.usjabiru.com
GRT Tech Support/Marketing 2012-2014
GRT Pilot Since 2008
glenn

Re: GRT Remote app for Android now available!

Post by glenn »

Hi,

I just ordered an HXr and want to use the Android app, but I'm an Apple guy (iPad/iPhone) so I need to get a new tablet. Any recommendations? I was considering a Samsung Galaxy 7.7 but I'm open to suggestions. Would a 7" model work or do I really need a 10" screen? Would a Kindle Fire HD work?

Thanks in advance.

Glenn
Regards,
Glenn

Velocity Elite RG
Ivan Kristensen

Post by Ivan Kristensen »

I recently purchased the Nexus 7" tablet and really like it. I have an iPad as well and found it to be too big in the cockpit, the 7" tablet is just about the right size and certainly much easier to deal with in the airplane. I haven't seen the7.7" table from Samsung but feel certain that it too would be a good choice. I would not recommend the Amazon tablet.
Since having switched to the Android OS tablet I have also switched from Foreflight flight planning software, which is only available on the iPad, to Fltplan.com for ALL my flight planning. This is a great flight planning software which includes VFR and IRF charts, approach plates for the US and Canada, airport facility directories and much more. The best part is that it is completely free of charge.
Ivan Kristensen
RV-10 C-GMDV
Home base (CYKF) Waterloo Regional, Ontario Canada
glenn

Post by glenn »

Thanks for the input Ivan!
Regards,
Glenn

Velocity Elite RG
rv7charlie

Post by rv7charlie »

"To use it with your EFIS system, you will need a few things:
1. A Bluetooth USB dongle (verified models are listed on the Software pages for HX and HXr)
2. The Bluetooth-enabled beta software for HX/HXr
3. The GRT Remote App"

Dragging this thread back to the present...
I'd like to try out the app on my android device, but the one Bluetooth device I had available (a dirt-cheap device I used to feed bluetooth audio to the physical audio input jack in my 14 yr old car) wasn't detected by my HX.
I can't find the 'verified Bluetooth models' list on the software pages for the HX. Is there still a list of verified models, or will virtually any of the commercially available models work these days?

Thanks,
Charlie
GRT_Jeff

Post by GRT_Jeff »

Only a few work and it's usually impossible to tell if one will work just by looking at the product. The one we know works is the IOGear GBU521.
rv7charlie

Post by rv7charlie »

Thanks; ordering one now.
MolsonB

Post by MolsonB »

Any update to the app coming? Such potential to be a huge asset to make radio and autopilot easier. (Like dynon having their separate panel components)
hplevyak

Post by hplevyak »

MolsonB wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 1:53 am Any update to the app coming? Such potential to be a huge asset to make radio and autopilot easier. (Like dynon having their separate panel components)
I'll second that ask...any updates or new features planned for the GRT Remote app?