Mini-AP not showing traffic & setting com freq

Discussions and updates about the new Mini EFIS line.
MolsonB

Mini-AP not showing traffic & setting com freq

Post by MolsonB »

I have an HXr that has USB adsb-in. The traffic is showing up fine there, but not on the mini-ap. I do have Send Traffic enabled on HXr, and don't see any options in Mini-Ap to accept it.

Also, can the Mini-ap set the com freq of the HXr? I click it when viewing details of airport, and it doesn't send to HXr.
GRT_Jeff

Re: Mini-AP not showing traffic & setting com freq

Post by GRT_Jeff »

Originally Mini units didn't have traffic display capability. Does the Mini have Option Package 1 (Feature Set 1)? Check SET MENU, Display Unit Maintenance, Option Codes.

The Mini can send frequencies over the display link but there's a possibility it doesn't understand the com setup with the more complex com configuration in the HXr. I've had someone mention this before but we didn't find a problem. Let me know what type of coms you have and how they are setup as COM1 and/or COM2.
MolsonB

Post by MolsonB »

No option codes listed. It was sent in May 2019 for repairs, so not sure if it had any codes in it before. First flight in fall of 2019 for a few flights, and the rest of my flyoff flights right now (fall 2020). Is the ads-b weather that much more data to send over the display link to handle? I thought the weather only updates every so often, it would be really nice for the mini to be able to display it.

Trigs TY91 for both Com1 and Com2.
GRT_Jeff

Post by GRT_Jeff »

I will have to e-mail you the OP1 code then. I will need your Mini serial number from the upper right corner of the Option Codes page. I probably have it from the service but I need the correct number to get the correct code.

The display serial link is limited but does include traffic. Traffic is limited to the nearest 32 reports. Weather is not transferred over the link because it's too much data to just pass over the link.
MolsonB

Post by MolsonB »

Interesting on comm freq, the grt app doesn't change them either. I know it did many moons ago. HXr on version 7.02
MolsonB

Post by MolsonB »

Traffic works now. Thanks. GRT app works too, I didn't hit save under trusted devices on bluetooth screen.

The Mini's Set Com freq to the HXr still doesn't work. There's no debug mode to see if it's sending the change on the display link is there?

Not a big deal, just saw a little bug. The popup to change the transponder code doesn't show up in MAP view. It does in PDF view.
GRT_Jeff

Post by GRT_Jeff »

The Mini software doesn't really know how to handle Trig coms so that looks like the issue.

What pop-up do you mean? If HXr has transponder control it should let you adjust the transponder code on the map page. If you have Mini transponder control the Mini would only display and adjust it on the PFD.
MolsonB

Post by MolsonB »

Mini-AP is the host for the Trig transponder. On the Mini, why by design to only adjust it on PDF view and not MAP? No big deal, will use HXr mainly for everything. Just curious.
GRT_Jeff

Post by GRT_Jeff »

We just already have other indicators crammed into every corner of the map page (depending on modes and inputs). On all the EFIS models without a dedicated remote indicator area (everything except the HXr and 10.1) the XPDR box is only on the PFD.