Documentation for optional new Mini capabilities

Discussions and updates about the new Mini EFIS line.
sleddriver

Documentation for optional new Mini capabilities

Post by sleddriver »

I'm very interested in the new engine monitor, ads-b, and Bluetooth capabilities of the Mini. I've been unable to find any documentation regarding the wiring between my EIS and my Mini-X. Nothing on menu settings or on specific capabilities of the bluetooth connectivity. Is the bluetooth built into the unit already or do you have to use a Bluetooth dongle and lose the USB port for data logging? I assumed the Mini manual would have been updated with all of this by now.
GRT_Jeff

Re: Documentation for optional new Mini capabilities

Post by GRT_Jeff »

The EIS serial output is a single wire (EIS 4000 connector A pin 11, green/black wire in our harness) that would connect to any unused serial input on the Mini-X with a rate of 9600. The engine monitor settings are the same as our Sport WS/HS/SX and Horizon WS/HS/HX units, with exceptions for the smaller display area. Like the WS, there's no engine strip at the bottom of the screen. Unlike the other models, the Mini does not have any engine split pages.

The Bluetooth connectivity currently only works with our GRT Remote Android app. It requires a compatible dongle and a USB 2.0 hub. With the hub you can do data logging at the same time.