Mini X autopilot vertical mode

Discussions and updates about the new Mini EFIS line.
ski38off

Mini X autopilot vertical mode

Post by ski38off »

How does the mini x handle an altitude change? I fly with an HXr so I know about all the vs modes but I see nothing in the literature describing this in the mini x. Thx, Mike.
GRT_Jeff

Re: Mini X autopilot vertical mode

Post by GRT_Jeff »

The Mini-X only has altitude hold mode. If the altitude drifts by more than 150 feet, or if you change the selected altitude by more than 150 feet, it will switch to altitude deviation mode, which is a 300 fpm climb/descent to the selected altitude. (The Mini-AP has the same modes as the HXr.)
maniago

Post by maniago »

Is the difference between the -X and the -AP only a software load? If so, is there an upgrade path or is it a h/w thing? Cost?

Thanks
ski38off

Post by ski38off »

I second Maniago's question and will add, could there be a software update that would allow adjusting the 300 FPM value? Maybe in the General Setup page. I understand if the answer is no in order to keep more distinction between the X and AP.
GRT_Jeff

Post by GRT_Jeff »

For the display unit itself, the difference is software. You can upgrade from an X to an AP with an option code. The AP package includes a magnetometer and OAT probe so when upgrading to the AP package you would get a code and those hardware items.

The 300 fpm climb/descent in the Mini-X is not adjustable since it is only intended to handle deviations of the altitude-hold mode.