USB Ports

New in 2019 this product is called the "10.1" after its screen size and is available in Horizon and Sport feature sets. This is not to be confused with an HXr although it shares similar features and graphics.
minnimo65757

USB Ports

Post by minnimo65757 »

On page 11 of the install manual it says that there is a single USB port on the back of the Horizon 10.1, it says that you can connect a hub for 3 devices to connect to that USB port. My Horizon 10.1 has 2 USB ports on the back of it. Are they duplicates or are they for different functions?
GRT_Jeff

Re: USB Ports

Post by GRT_Jeff »

It looks like sections 3.3.11 through 3.5 were copied from the EX manual and then not edited. Every 10.1 has two separate general-purpose USB ports, so a hub is rarely necessary. The top port can do USB 3.0 and the bottom port is USB 2.0. I've had at least one USB drive function poorly in the 3.0 port so I tend to use the bottom 2.0 port for drives. I haven't had any reports of problems from customers though.
BobsRV7

Post by BobsRV7 »

I have a GRT Horizon 10.1 and a Sport EX. I am starting to put in my serial ports on doing this at home with no devices connected and with only power and ground connected. After putting in my serial ports in I wanted to update the SW, Nav, and checklist, I used the SanDisk USB-2 on the SportEX and it loaded the SW but not the nav or checklist.txt.
On my 10.1 I used the SanDisk USB-2 64GB and my computer to load the GRT Sw, nav and Checklist.TXT to it then I plugged the Sandisk USB-2 64GB into the USB-2 plug on the 10.1. When I got to the download of the EFIS SW it said (waiting on USB) looked at the USB and the USB light didn't show up. Tried all the other downloads same thing. Put the SanDisk USB back into my computer and it was fine. I think my 10.1 has got a problem like no power to the USB since the light never came on.
On my SportEX since it did download the SportEX SW but not the nav or checklist so it may be something I'm not Doing right.
I have sent this to GRT but maybe someone can give me some ideas. Thanks, Bob
BobsRV7

Post by BobsRV7 »

GRT let me know that you if it has any ( ) on the File name it will (say not found) Fix for this rename the file.
101UP.dat
Nav.DB
EXUP.dat
Now my Sport EX works but not my 10.1
Waiting on GRT, may have to ship it in for a fix.