TRIG TT22 GPS input

New in 2019 this product is called the "10.1" after its screen size and is available in Horizon and Sport feature sets. This is not to be confused with an HXr although it shares similar features and graphics.
minnimo65757

TRIG TT22 GPS input

Post by minnimo65757 »

The SafeFly manual shows connecting pin 19 of the safefly to pin 5 of the TT22. As I read it the default settings for pin 19 are Rate 38400 and Output is Safe Fly NN33 then set up the transponder to accept that output and it should all work and broadcast ADSB out. Is this a good way to set it up or should I do it a different way? I have a Garmin GPS 175 also. It looks like connecting to the safe fly is simpler because the settings are default already. What is your opinion.
Bobturner

Re: TRIG TT22 GPS input

Post by Bobturner »

Well, since you asked: I faced a similar decision except G420W instead of the 175. I decided to tap into the Garmin rather than buy a Safefly: one less box, one less antenna, saved $500. Getting into the Garmin connector’s backshell was no fun, but doable. Configuring the TT22 from the HX was easy.
minnimo65757

Post by minnimo65757 »

I already have the safefly it is attached to my Horizon 10.1 so there is no extra box in my case. I've connected it to pin 19 in my safefly which is supposed to already be configured for the correct rate and output. I'll see if it works that way or what anybody else has to say. I got an email in to GRT with the same question.
GRT_Jeff

Post by GRT_Jeff »

Either way is good. The 38400 NN33 output is the old default. Newer units don't ship configured that way. If you have the control interface connected to your Horizon 10.1 then the EFIS will automatically reconfigure the Safe-Fly to the old defaults as soon as they start talking since we haven't changed the defaults in the EFIS software yet. Just make sure SPC Serial Port 1 Rate and Output are set correctly in General Setup.