Hs-Hx-Gemini AP

claudio

Hs-Hx-Gemini AP

Post by claudio »

Hallo,

I connected two Efis Hx(1) and HS(2) via interdisplay link, the HX serial port 5 output transmit data to a Gemini AP( both 4800baud ). The internal GPS of the HS supply the NMEA sentences to the system, Nav is ok , but the Gemini GPS status indicator suggests that no GPS data are received, so the AP does not work.
Any suggestion to find a solution?

Claudio
GRT_Jeff

Re: Hs-Hx-Gemini AP

Post by GRT_Jeff »

The HX serial port 5 output should be configured as "Autopilot (NMEA0183)". As long as the HX display has GPS position data from any source it will output NMEA0183 GPS data on this output.
claudio

Post by claudio »

Thanks for the reply Jeff.
I have configured from the beginning the output of the serial port 5 of the HX, 4800 baud, NMEA Autopilot. No output signal, only the low (about -9V) RS232 level. To verify that port 5 and the relative connections are working properly , I configured port 5 as "GPS1 configure" and checked with a scope both the quality of the signal and the duration of the bit cell, all ok: a message , always the same and obviously non accepted , is transmitted to the AP.
So I omitted something in the Efis configuration.
What parameter can prevent NMEA data output?
The EFIS 2 (HS) internal GPS works correctly and both EFIS 1 and 2 and EFIS 2 is able to correctly manage the MAP functions, revealing that the position data are present.
The GPS appears on the EFIS 1 as Virtual GPS2.
Claudio
GRT_Jeff

Post by GRT_Jeff »

You should not have a Virtual GPS2 configured. Virtual GPS2 should be Off on both displays. If your attached HS GPS is configured as GPS1 then it should work as GPS1 on both displays, and GPS1 Flight Plan Source should be configured as Internal on both displays. It sounds like the HX is confused about what GPS data should be sent to the autopilot.
claudio

Post by claudio »

Hi Jeff,
Thanks, your suggestion was effective, GPS1 selected and all is OK.
I have now one other problem flying in my country ( Alps ), the EFIS terrain resolution is to low to fly in the valleys and sometime the visibility is poor, I need to use my IPad with an App ( SkyDemon ) to mitigate the problem, but the solution is not enough reliable.
It's available a more detailed Terrain data for EU?
Claudio
GRT_Jeff

Post by GRT_Jeff »

The HX has the maximum resolution terrain available for our systems (3 arc second).
claudio

Post by claudio »

It's for sure the wrong tread but I try to solve here my problem with your help.
The HX, arrived as an upgrade of the previous HS , does not contain the SV Terrain for Europe, can I load it?
Here the actual data base condition on both HX and HS :https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8ri00nq18dxr ... bRgEa?dl=0
Please suggest me what I can do to get the best result.
Claudio
GRT_Jeff

Post by GRT_Jeff »

Yes you can reload all of the terrain files. They are big so they are not linked from our web site. I will send an e-mail in a moment.