Auto Pilot Auto Trim

ZuluZephyr

Auto Pilot Auto Trim

Post by ZuluZephyr »

Is GRT planing on implementing an auto trim feature for the auto pilot?

Thanks,

Rocky Morrison
GRT_Jeff

Re: Auto Pilot Auto Trim

Post by GRT_Jeff »

We talk about it every once in a while, but there isn't one currently in development.
Agflyboy

Post by Agflyboy »

This would be something I would pay for. New Mini efis AP user. Mine is installed on an RV8 and seems like it is always requesting trim. Of course I'm still in testing phase so hope it gets better I ordered a servo speed control for my trim to start.

Kevin Ebsen
jclark

Post by jclark »

Agflyboy wrote:This would be something I would pay for. New Mini efis AP user. Mine is installed on an RV8 and seems like it is always requesting trim. Of course I'm still in testing phase so hope it gets better I ordered a servo speed control for my trim to start.

Kevin Ebsen
I have talked to Greg about this.

I am **suspicious** that this is either an issue with us as users getting the gains right OR it is a case of the flight dynamics for the RV8 are such that the "force feedback" is faked out and is issuing "near false" alarms.

I have to do a lot more testing to validate my theory. My autopilot gains on my RV6 are VERY smooth. I am still working to get the RV8 to be the same.

My point in all of this is that "Auto Trim" might not solve the problem that we MIGHT have.

James
Agflyboy

Post by Agflyboy »

jclark wrote:
Agflyboy wrote:This would be something I would pay for. New Mini efis AP user. Mine is installed on an RV8 and seems like it is always requesting trim. Of course I'm still in testing phase so hope it gets better I ordered a servo speed control for my trim to start.

Kevin Ebsen
I have talked to Greg about this.

I am **suspicious** that this is either an issue with us as users getting the gains right OR it is a case of the flight dynamics for the RV8 are such that the "force feedback" is faked out and is issuing "near false" alarms.

I have to do a lot more testing to validate my theory. My autopilot gains on my RV6 are VERY smooth. I am still working to get the RV8 to be the same.

My point in all of this is that "Auto Trim" might not solve the problem that we MIGHT have.

James
James,
Appreciate your thoughts if you want to compare settings, or if I can run any test with my RV8 to compare with yours, I'd be glad to help.
Kevin.ebsen@gmail.com
Agflyboy

Post by Agflyboy »

Here's a link to a video showing trim.

https://youtu.be/wLpO8loUAd0