Updated Display?

jaustinmd

Updated Display?

Post by jaustinmd »

While chatting with Greg at the GRT Booth at AirVenture, I told him that although my EIS 6000 is a great engine monitor, the display and faceplate look somewhat dated. He acknowledged that and said to "look for a new display" coming out for the EIS to display color graphical engine information. I understood this to be a stand-alone display (not another EFIS) compatible with existing EIS's and presume this would possibly enable remote mounting of the EIS? Any further information on screen size, overall size, etc. available at this time?
John
N750A
330drvr

Re: Updated Display?

Post by 330drvr »

In the meantime, there is a nice trim panel that you can get to cover the original EIS. Matches the EFIS and looks terrific.
RV-7A
Dual HX, Mini X, dual adaptive AHRS, GRT EIS
sonex293

Post by sonex293 »

I've got the updated EIS faceplate. It's been in my airplane now for 4.5 yrs and the black anodized layer is starting to get a rather gold tinge to it. Not that it looks bad, but it doesn't match my newly installed GRT EFIS.....

==
Michael
N651RV

Post by N651RV »

My black anodized faceplate of the same vintage also has that 'gold' tint coming through. It's just cosmetically different from the radios and the GRT EFIS, they all used to match back in the day when everything was new.
Jim
Cypress, TX
RV-7A O-360 Dual P-mags, GRT Sport
330drvr

Post by 330drvr »

Mine was orange as well. GRT worked very fairly with me to replace it with a non defective faceplate.
RV-7A
Dual HX, Mini X, dual adaptive AHRS, GRT EIS
jaustinmd

Post by jaustinmd »

The faceplate issues would be pretty much moot if the new display comes out! I presume you could even remotely mount the EIS and not see a faceplate at all since you would have a new display!
My faceplate is only a year old but fine - what I was interested in was any further details on the forthcoming new display.