Feature Requests

gdtrfb58

Feature Requests

Post by gdtrfb58 »

(I thought this topic existed here, but don't see it.)

Airways in flight plan entry (Ala Garmin GNS 480).

Enter a waypoint, choose "Airway", brings up list of Airways intersecting that waypoint, select your airway, scroll to your FINAL waypoint (listed alphabetically) on the airway, Select. Done.
This is the way the 480 (CNX-80 works) this is a MAJOR time saver IFR (especially in the Northeast where they never give you Direct to. Always on 1 or more airways).
jjhoneck

Re: Feature Requests

Post by jjhoneck »

I would like to see the "Direct to" function simplified.

When the sh*t is hitting the fan, and your brain shrinks to the size of a pea, you need a big, single, dedicated soft-key button that is available on ALL screens.
--
Jay Honeck
Port Aransas, TX
gdtrfb58

Post by gdtrfb58 »

You really need to get an iPad/iPhone App. Virtually all the EFB's are iPad, especially those with weather & traffic. FltPlan Go (full featured) is still only iPad and is Free.
glenn

Post by glenn »

First off, I like the 2.0 software update. The new screens are great, especially the PFD/MAP/Plate screen.

That said, I really like the split screen PFD mode, but having to press 4 buttons each time to enable it is a pain. Why isn't this mode loaded like the others? Please change that. :P

Also, bump on the iPad app. I'm an IT consultant and among other things I develop iOS apps. I'd be glad to help!
Regards,
Glenn

Velocity Elite RG
GRT_Jeff

Post by GRT_Jeff »

After you select the PFD SPLIT mode, the main PFD button should go back to it. You should also set it as your default page with the SET MENU, General Setup, "Default page" setting. It is called PFD/MAP/ENG there. The default page is the one it goes to when you push ACCEPT or leave the SET MENU.
GRT_Jeff

Post by GRT_Jeff »

The reason we don't have an iOS app is that the app design and Bluetooth hardware is restricted by Apple. Bluetooth apps require special hardware and the hardware has to be approved by Apple. We talked to another company that already has an iOS app and wants to interface to our displays, but they said they won't be able to do it until we add WiFi support.

We also ignored some of the phone/tablet UI standards to make it easier to use in flight, which would make it harder to get approved.
glenn

Post by glenn »

Jeff,

I tried your suggestion on the Default Page and it works well!

Thanks,
Glenn
Regards,
Glenn

Velocity Elite RG