Download Seattle Avionics data USB issue

APACHE 56

Download Seattle Avionics data USB issue

Post by APACHE 56 »

Per the instructions in the GRT/Seattle Avionics Chart Data Manual Supplement para 2.1.4, I created a folder named GRTCHARTS on my USB. Then over the next 5 hours I downloaded the various files I intend to use. When I checked the directory after the download process there was a new folder ChartData in addition to the folder I created. The ChartData folder had about 5 gig of contents while the GRTCHARTS folder was empty.

Is this normal? Do I drag the data folder into the GRT folder?

Thanks,
Don
APACHE 56

Re: Download Seattle Avionics data USB issue

Post by APACHE 56 »

OK, I got the answer to the USB question from another forum. But here's a follow on: when reconnecting the USB and opening the Data Manager there is a "Red" button titled "Flight Guide Airport Diagrams." The system goes through all 4700 files and then gives an error message saying that there was a problem installing the data to the "GenericChartData" It may be that I have all the data I'll ever use but am curious about the Flight Guide stuff.
GRT_Jeff

Re: Download Seattle Avionics data USB issue

Post by GRT_Jeff »

The GRTCHARTS folder only serves to identify the USB flash drive as a GRT chart data flash drive. All data will be stored in the ChartData folder.

Is it possible the flash drive ran out of space? You may be getting that error because the Flight Guide Airport Diagrams are being discontinued. A Data Manager update will address this issue soon.