How to get ADSB GPS position?

jbasol

How to get ADSB GPS position?

Post by jbasol »

OK, I give up. I have the Dual XGPS170 connected to my HX system. The ADSB information is all coming through fine. After installing release 6c I attempted to turn on the GPS from ADSB option. I assigned it as GPS1 and reassigned my other (non-waas) gps as GPS2. The system says GPS1 LOST or FAIL, I can't recall which, but in any case there is no GPS position being derived from my ADSB receiver. Anyone gotten this to work with the Dual?

-John
jbasol

Re: How to get ADSB GPS position?

Post by jbasol »

Anyone from GRT have any thoughts on this? Is there any documentation on making this feature work? It's possible I don't have something set right, but without documentation it's tough to know.

-John
GRT_Jeff

Post by GRT_Jeff »

It should work with any ADS-B receiver that has GPS data and uses the standard ownship message, although we haven't tried it with a Dual. You can check the Own counter in the SET MENU, Display Unit Maintenance, ADS-B Status, Traffic Counters line, to at least see that the message is coming in, although it could contain invalid data. Is the GPS LED steady green? If everything looks good, can you record some data with the EFIS DEMO function?
jbasol

Post by jbasol »

I have sent demo files and setting backup files to Ben, asking him to forward them to you for review. Please let me know if there is something I need to configure different.

-John