uAvionix EchoESX

Airdog

uAvionix EchoESX

Post by Airdog »

I can't find a definitive answer in the uAvionix EchoESX installation manual on it working with the HXr EFIS via RS232 vs. the listed Mini-X RS485 protocol. Will the uAvionix EchoESX work via RS232 with the HXr EFIS and be controlled in the same manner as the Trig TT21/22?
GRT_Jeff

Re: uAvionix EchoESX

Post by GRT_Jeff »

Currently the only RS232 interface for the TT22/echoUAT/echoESX/TMAP is through our Safe-Fly GPS in "echoUAT TMAP" mode. We haven't had any experience with the ESX yet and it may require one or two software changes in the HXr to enable the user interface. In any case the user interface would function the same as the TT22.
Airdog

Post by Airdog »

Thanks Jeff!

Obviously the Trig gets high marks in its functionality, but if I could save a bit of space, weight and money with the EchoESX functioning in the same manner as the Trig TT22 in regards to the HXr, I'd be very interested in doing so. :)
Bobturner

Post by Bobturner »

Just be aware that you will be in the vanguard, breaking new ground, with the ESX. Specifically, uAvionics says 'it meets the performance specifications of the transponder TSO', but it does not actually carry a TSO. I believe the FAA has given its blessing to this interpretation, but the FARs have not yet changed (they say, 'it carries a TSO'). So when it comes time to get the transponder tested, you may find trouble with some shops.
Airdog

Post by Airdog »

Thanks for pointing that out Bob. I have a bit of time before I'll need a transponder, so I'll definitely watch to see how it all plays out. If need be, I'll simply go with the Trig.
maniago

Post by maniago »

Airdog wrote:Thanks for pointing that out Bob. I have a bit of time before I'll need a transponder, so I'll definitely watch to see how it all plays out. If need be, I'll simply go with the Trig.
Anyone know the status on this ESX? No links on the Echo site, tho you can google the install pdf still..............I have a 327, and for the price originally quoted for this vs the EchoUAT+SafeFly, I could punt the 327 for $200 and be even money spent, be fully 1090ES, and get back panel space (I have a 480 for ADBS+).

Anyone?