Sectional (North Up) on Hx

bsiusimpex

Sectional (North Up) on Hx

Post by bsiusimpex »

I updated my GRT Hx EFIS software to ver 11.02 last week, then purchased and downloaded VFR Sectional charts from Seattle Avionics. I get the SHOW & CHART popup softkeys (MAP Page) such that I can select Chart and SEC respectively. However, the Sectional Chart on my MAP page is displayed in ARC format only. I do not get the VIEW popup softkey as shown in the GRT/Seattle Avionics ChartData Manual (Sect 4.1 item 5 ) such that I can place my MAP and its Sectional Chart in North Up format. Am I missing something during my installation? Any guidance shall be greatly appreciated.
GRT_Jeff

Re: Sectional (North Up) on Hx

Post by GRT_Jeff »

The HX does not have a VIEW button. To change map views, keep pushing the MAP button. The map page will cycle through arc, center/circle, HSI, and north-up modes, followed by versions of the same pages with engine data at the bottom.

If you push the SLEW button, you will go to a temporary full-screen north-up mode with arrow buttons to move around. When you exit SLEW mode you will return to the last map mode.
bsiusimpex

Re: Sectional (North Up) on Hx

Post by bsiusimpex »

Thank You Jeff. Turned out my North Up Option was turned off in the General Setup page. Sorry for the brain freeze moment!