Camera inputs

New in 2019 this product is called the "10.1" after its screen size and is available in Horizon and Sport feature sets. This is not to be confused with an HXr although it shares similar features and graphics.
webutler

Camera inputs

Post by webutler »

In the product description it mentions the ability to feed a camera (or multiple cameras) input into the EFIS for overlay display. I am not finding any information on that in either the installation guide or the user guide. I'll admit I've barely cracked the user guide, but I swear I've read the installation instructions backward and forward almost a dozen times so far.

Could you point me in the right direction?

I'm interested in:
1) multiple cameras in strategic locations to confirm landing gear deployment, possible other things like rear view
2) Front view low light with overlay (stretch goal as I'm less certain about finding a camera worth the effort)
GRT_Jeff

Re: Camera inputs

Post by GRT_Jeff »

The Horizon 10.1 can receive video through a Hauppauge USB Live 2 video converter. This adapter accepts analog SD NTSC or PAL video through its Composite RCA jack or S-Video jack. There is currently no way for the EFIS to access USB cameras or any HD cameras.

To get multiple video inputs you would have to get a device or simple switch that can switch the video inputs going into the adapter. The EFIS can only access one adapter.
jclark

Re: Camera inputs

Post by jclark »

Years ago, I tested (as a user) what Jeff mentioned and it worked as advertised.

Also as mentioned a USB Switcher is what you will want.