Warning limits

Warmi

Warning limits

Post by Warmi »

Given that GRT EFIS/EIS does not support warning ranges for various engine metrics … I am curious how do you set your limits .. for instance - if the engine spec says something like “CHT normal operating range is between X and 230 F . Max is 260F” ..
Do you guys set the max at 230 or 260 ? Normally you would just set 230-260 range to generate a warning ( yellow range ) and do the alarm at 260 but in this case I am thinking setting the alarm at 230 would be more useful - on the other hand when it gets hot I quite often hit the 230 range on my climb outs so wouldn’t want to have alarm going off all the time … hence the dilemma :-)
Bobturner

Re: Warning limits

Post by Bobturner »

Just my method: For your example, I’d set the EFIS warning (flashing red cht display) to 230, and the EIS red warning light to 260. Interpretation: efis flashes red, need to think about doing something. EIS red light comes on, need to act now.
Warmi

Post by Warmi »

Interesting … thanks.

I need to figure out how to set EFIS limits independently from EIS limits … my setup is a remote EIS + EFIs.
GRT_Jeff

Post by GRT_Jeff »

The remote EIS doesn't have independent limits so that is something you can only do with a non-remote EIS.