Tach Time vs. hourmeter

edstratford

Tach Time vs. hourmeter

Post by edstratford »

Since purchasing my RV-7A with an EIS-4000, the tach time aggeregation has been virtually the same as Hobbs time. That is, tach time always matches Hobbs time. RPM displays consistently and correctly. My understanding is that tach time should be a function of RPM. The Hourmeter seems to run above a certain RPM, which seems close to, but not really tach time. Is there a way to configure tach time to be more(?) sensitive to RPM??

Have EIS4000 connected to XP-IO-360-B1EC3. All engine monitoring sensors are working properly. Have a SureFly SIM4P on the left and Slick Mag on the right. SureFly is currently set without electronic advance to better match spark plug firing on the Slick.

Thanks in advance for any response.
RV-7A
edstratford

Re: Tach Time vs. hourmeter

Post by edstratford »

Support got back to me and said that the Hourmeter is the mechanism that builds Tach time. Therefore, if there is a desire to not count time at idle, etc., then setting the Time-RPM setting is the way to do this. This sounds like a reasonable approach to me. I'm thinking 1200RPM at the moment, but happy to take any suggestions/warning. Thanks
RV-7A