SUMP TANK - Fuel Sensor Compatibility - HXr

VELOCITY-XLRG

SUMP TANK - Fuel Sensor Compatibility - HXr

Post by VELOCITY-XLRG »

Good Afternoon,

I understand the HXr EFIS series will provide capabilities to show fuel levels (in set bar graphs) with capacitive type float fuel senders.

Could you simply look at the outputs of this unit and let me know if it would be compatible (I want to use this for the SUMP tank only in my Velocity) in which both L & R Tanks empty into) to measure and set an alarm if the sump ever reaches an "under full" condition, etc...

Here is the info for comparison both from the SCAD Fuel Sensor I want to use (and the info from your GRT Resistive Float Type Sensor Calibration Page).

Thanks again, if compatible (or should work) please let me know the quick steps to setup in HXr and again thanks A LOT! You have been great from a support perspective!

Gary Ernest
VELOCITY XLRG
ARB, MI
Attachments
Resistive-Float-Fuel-Senders-EIS.pdf
(282.54 KiB) Downloaded 2201 times
SCAD Fuel tmtankmonitors.pdf
(329.92 KiB) Downloaded 2217 times
GRT_Jeff

Re: SUMP TANK - Fuel Sensor Compatibility - HXr

Post by GRT_Jeff »

There is no documentation on the outputs. The only output that is clearly documented is a full or empty alarm, not a level. You can connect the alarm power output to an analog input as a simple active/inactive indication. It looks like you would have to configure it so the built-in alarm is ON when it's full. That would mean the monitor is normally always in alarm condition, which hopefully works fine.

Example to give an EFIS alarm whenever the monitor detects it's NOT full, so its alarm output is off:
Analog # Function: Aux (EIS compatible)
Analog # Internal Pull-Up: Off
Analog # Scale Factor: 25
Analog # Offset: 0
Analog # Sensing: Forward
Analog # Integer/Decimal: Decimal
Analog # Aux Function: Aux
Analog # Aux Name: Sump (Give this input a name for alarms and bar graphs)
Optional:
Analog # Remote Channel: (pick an unused channel 1-16 if you want to send this input to another display)
In the Limits (Engine Limits) page you would configure the Min Analog # (Sump) for 2.0 so that when the alarm output is turned off (not full), the power should go to zero volts and the EFIS will see it's below 2.0V (or any other threshold that works).
If you don't display the input in a data box or bar graph, you can check the voltage in SET MENU, Display Unit Maintenance, Analog Inputs. It should go to zero volts when its alarm is inactive, and its supply voltage when its alarm is active.