Flight plan won't activate?

jbasol

Flight plan won't activate?

Post by jbasol »

So I was playing around with the remote app today. I was able to pair my phone to the display just fine. The PFD function seems to work just fine. The Flight Planning option did not though. I had created and saved a flight plan on the phone before heading out to the hangar. Once connected to the EFIS, I opened the plan and chose Activate. Nothing showed up on the flight plan of the EFIS however. I also tried doing some simple direct to commands from app, but again nothing showed up on the EFIS flight plan. I did all of this while in the hangar, so I had no GPS signal, but I would have thought he flight plan should have transferred at least. Something I'm doing wrong, or does the unit need to locate itself first with the GPS before it will accept a flight plan from the app?

-John Basol
jbasol

Re: Flight plan won't activate?

Post by jbasol »

Sooo..... Just an update. I attempted to activate a flight plan from my android app after the EFIS got a lock on it's location, and still nothing transferred to the EFIS flight plan. Any thoughts?
kwiatkma

Post by kwiatkma »

I see the same bug. Right now I'm just using the interface as an extra screenful for the rear seat.

I hope the app keeps getting developed, to include engine screens too!

So there are two of us using the app!
GRT_Jeff

Post by GRT_Jeff »

The app link is designed to have two types of users: view-only and trusted. By default, a newly paired device is view-only. A device has to be trusted to change flight plans and any other settings. See the Trusted column in the list of paired devices.

To make your device trusted:
  1. Go to the SET MENU, Wireless, Bluetooth page.
  2. Highlight the device in the pair list.
  3. Push a CHANGE knob.
  4. Push TRUST. The Trusted column for the device will change to Yes. (Pushing TRUST again changes it back to No.)
  5. Push the CHANGE knob again.
jbasol

Post by jbasol »

Still didn't work. Changes in the EFIS appear on the app but not vice versa. Phone shows up as a trusted device on efis.
akskyhawk

Post by akskyhawk »

John
You have to have your tablet connected to a wifi service to download naviagtion software.
So take your tablet home and connect to a wifi service.
Open your GRT app.
Go to Menu.
Click on box to "Force Check for Nav Database Update"
The app will then download your Nav Database your missing. It takes a minute or two.
This should fix your problem.

Jim
jbasol

Post by jbasol »

Hi Jim,

It wasn't that the nav db was missing from my phone, but rather the flight plans I would create on the phone would not send to the EFIS. The db was present and up to date. In the end I ended up deleting the pairing on both devices and starting over on the pairing process. After that it was able to connect and transfer flight plans both directions.

-John