DA and Missed Altitude buttons - Synthetic Aproaches

maniago

DA and Missed Altitude buttons - Synthetic Aproaches

Post by maniago »

Yesterday, I was working on flying SAPs to my grass field - no Terpsed approaches for it, so I've loaded the runway info with user-data base file. No problems - the AP captures the extended runway line and flies me down the 3deg slope, and the Flight Director chevrons allow me to do it manually. Excellent!!

However, though the Decision Altitude and the Missed Alt buttons appear on the bottom, only the first time they appeared was I allowed to enter the altitude data for each. After that, when re flying the SAP, the buttons for each would show, but when pressed to change the values, Id get bounced to another page that had "Clear" and I think "Exit" buttons and but couldnt re enter the altitudes - ie it wasnt activating the buttons like the first time so I could use the right knob to change them. After hitting Clear, the numbers above each disappeared and became dashed lines instead. But again I couldnt get it to let me enter new numbers for those......

As mentioned, this was yesterday so Ive only worked with the SAPs once, though I flew about a dozen SAP approaches to the same field to work through the procedures.

What am I doing wrong wrt the DA and Missed Alt Buttons (so I can re-enter/edit the alts at will)?

Thanks for any help.
GRT_Jeff

Re: DA and Missed Altitude buttons - Synthetic Aproaches

Post by GRT_Jeff »

When you push the right knob from the main PFD menu, you should get a flashing box with "Selected Altitude: 2000" to set the altitude in the middle of the screen. That brings up the A/P LAT VERT SAP and ARM buttons and the SET DA and other altitude buttons. When you push the SET DA or other altitude buttons it should change to that function and buttons CANCEL and CLEAR. The flashing box in the center of the screen should change to that name, like "Decision Altitude: 1000". I haven't figured out how the flashing box in the center could be missing. You must have been on the right menu if the CLEAR button worked.
maniago

Re: DA and Missed Altitude buttons - Synthetic Aproaches

Post by maniago »

Thanks Jeff. That makes sense. Probably, after only seeing it the first time, I may have run through it properly, but then coming back to it later in the flight, when the buttons disappeared, it threw me for a loop and I tunneled on that, not noticing center dialog box....

I'll check it again. Thanks