Couple of qustions about installing in my Sonex

Discussions and updates about the new Mini EFIS line.
Fastcapy

Couple of qustions about installing in my Sonex

Post by Fastcapy »

I am looking at adding a mini to my Sonex panel. I currently have an MGL Xtreme that I would then use as the EMS.

My questions are:

1. Is there a limit to the panel angle for the AHRS in the unit? My panel has the standard sonex tilt to it, which is 30 degrees IIRC.

2. My Xtreme is currently used to control my Sandia 165R mode c transponder over RS232. Will the mini be able to act as the control for the Sandia or will it only work as the control for the Trig ?

Thanks in advance!

Mike Beck
Sonex N920MB
Marc

Re: Couple of qustions about installing in my Sonex

Post by Marc »

Hello Mike,

1) The mini can be mounted in any orientation without limits. The AHRS has a "Set Instrument Orientation" menu that allows you to offset the Roll, Pitch, and Yaw so the Mini will show the proper attitude.
2) Sandia 165R transponder control is supported. It will require the use of a serial port whereas the Trig uses a dedicated, built-in RS-485 transceiver.

-Marc Robertson
Fastcapy

Post by Fastcapy »

Great! Thanks Marc.

One other question. When on the moving map page can the airspeed and altimeter tapes be displayed? I have looked through screenshots and the manual but can not tell if this is possible on this unit, or is the screen size just to small for that?

I am talking like this picture from the Sport screenshots (minus the traffic alert).
Marc

Post by Marc »

Hello Mike,

The Map page does not have the airspeed and altimeter tapes. The size of the screen in terms of physical size and pixels is able to handle the map but there just isn't any room to put more stuff in there. The Sport has larger screen, particularly with the 8.4" display and well over double the pixels to display more information.

-Marc Robertson